Spring Professional Development Opportunities
Offered by the Office of Instructional Technology
There are several upcoming professional development opportunities available for JPS educators. Participants may purchase CEUs from Hinds Community College for $25 upon completing a class.
Face-to-Face Courses (Location: Central Office East Computer Lab)
- TBD [8:30am-3:30pm] Enhance Instruction Using ArcGIS Online (.5 CEUs)
- February 11, 2017 [8:30am-3:30pm] Sites for Sore Eyes (.5 CEUs)
- February 20 - 21, 2017 [4pm-7pm] Using Google Tools to Enhance Teaching and Learning (.6 CEUs)
- March 4, 2017 [8:30am-4:30pm] Using Google Tools to Enhance Teaching and Learning (.6 CEUs)
- March 25, 2017 [8:30am-3:30pm] Introduction to Office 365 and Symbaloo (.5 CEUs)
Online Courses (All online courses begin on January 30th and end March 24th)
- Get Wired: Blended Learning (.5 CEUs)
- Get Wired: Google Tools (.5 CEUs)
- Get Wired: Digital Citizenship (.5 CEUs)
Professional Development Course Registration
- All participants MUST REGISTER ONLINE.
- Some sessions are online and do not require participants to come to a specific location.
- Some sessions may/will be at an off-site location. Be SURE to check the calendar and your email to make sure the location of your session has not changed.
Click this link to register for class
- A course may be canceled if registration is low. Low registration is defined as fewer than 15 people for a face-to-face class or less than 10 for an online class. An email will be sent at least 24 hours prior to the class to confirm that it will still take place. Please monitor your email to confirm the status of the class.